Redbox is an option but Redbox has a limited selection and doesn’t feature TV.
While Blockbuster has downsized the number of stores it has, it’s future primarily rests on it’s on-line services.
There is also HuluPlus, iTunes, and Youtube. Yes, Youtube. I have been seeing some rental options cropping up. If they have been there before, I really wasn’t aware of it.
If you want more focused selections.
Lastly, there is Facets. Facets is
- A prominent year-round showcase of important independent and art films in Chicago, including premieres, festivals and retrospectives in the Facets Cinematheque.
- Chicago’s only source of year-round adult education in film history and aesthetics in the Facets Film School.
- The nation’s oldest and largest festival of films for children and the only children’s film festival in the world to be recognized as an Academy-qualifying festival by the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences – the Chicago International Children’s Film Festival.
- In the national vanguard of media education with and for children in highly-evolved in-school and on-location children’s film programs like Young Chicago Critics summer media arts camp, Directors in the Schools, Media Bridge, and Take One! Workshops.
- A pioneering distributor and archive of over 65,000 independent, art, classic, documentary, silent, experimental and children’s films on DVD, easily accessible to rent or own – the Facets Videotheque Collection.
- A nationally-recognized conservator and publisher of lost and neglected films on DVD and an important distributor of independent films theatrically, with over 800 films digitally restored and released – Facets Video.