Day by day things are getting a little better for people in the New England. I hope things continue to improve for everyone. If you can help, please consider donating to the American Red Cross to further efforts in supporting those devastated by Hurricane Sandy.
However, despite the devastation, the world keeps on spinning and life goes on. With that being said, here’s what is fit to print:
- “Just as some neighborhoods were spared and others hard hit by Hurricane Sandy, the same was true for bookstores. By Tuesday, Community Bookstore, Greenlight, BookCourt, and WORD in Brooklyn, N.Y., all reopened. But powerHouse Arena was not so lucky. According to the Daily News, it sustained between $25,000 and $50,000 worth of damage and does not have flood insurance.” On Saturday, November 17, 12–8pm, powerHouse Arena books will be hosting a day-long book fair featuring drinks, music, and some of their favorite authors to raise funds to keep the store alive. (Publisher’s Weekly; MediaBistro)
- Over at Comic Book Resources, Walt Simonson Reflects on “Alien: The Illustrated Story.” (CBR)
- We are wishing Chan Mitchell (40) aka Cat Power all the best. She reported that she may have to cancel the European leg of her tour do to financial and medical reasons. Chan posted on Instagram the following:
I MAY HAVE TO CANCEL MY EUROPEAN TOUR DUE TO BANKRUPTCY & MY HEALTH STRUGGLE WITH ANGIOEDEMA. I HAVE NOT THROWN IN ANY TOWEL, I AM TRYING TO FIGURE OUT WHAT BEST I CAN DO. HEART BROKEN. WORKED SO HARD. GOT SICK DAY AFTER “SUN” CAME OUT & BEEN STRUGGLING TO KEEP ALL POINTS OF ME IN EQUILIBRIUM : MIND, SPIRIT, BODY HEALTHY CENTERED & GROUNDED. I AM DOING THE BEST I CAN. I FUCKING LOVE THIS PLANET. I REFUSE TO GIVE UP. THOUGH I MAY NEED TO RESTRATAGIZE FOR MY SECURITY & HEALTH. (Spin Magazine)
- Dungeon and Dragons has helped Neuroscientists explain social behavior. (io9.c0m)
- Ryan Gosling and Michael Fassbender both showed up to a charity event unexpectedly. Apparently the two hotties are in Austin filming a movie with Terry Malick. While Gosling and the rest didn’t run the race, they helped the event earn some much needed funds. (WashingtonPost.com)
Texas School for the Deaf Foundation Anne Adams confirmed that, despite the Pinterest image above, Gosling did not run in the 5K. However, the event managed to raise around $20,000 with a bit of assistance from the “Drive” star.
“Ryan helped us out by paying $50 for a $1 glow in the dark cotton candy from a booth staffed by deaf children,” she wrote. “It was very sweet.”
Ryan Gosling, once again proving he stands for truth, justice, generosity, showing up to shoot B-roll when he’s asked to do so and giving his fawning fans more reason to crush even harder on him.
Lastly, while humans are cleaning up after the aftermath of Hurricane Sandy, don’t forget about those awesome furry friends we have. Shelters will need help dealing with the animals that rescued. Help is needed all around.
Robot x Robot will be making a charitable donation to the American Red Cross and Humane Society Disaster Relief out of love for all creatures big and small since we live too far away to be of physical service. Blessings to all!